Did you know that a dirty microwave can be dangerous? What will happen if you don’t clean our microwave is this. The food particles that are in the microwave will constantly be cooking each time you turn it on. This can cause a fire, give you cold food, and cause it to malfunction. Not that, but not cleaning a microwave will also have you paying a bigger electric bill. Now you know let’s get your microwave cleaned. Here is how to clean a microwave with 8 easy steps.
- Lysol surface Cleaner
- Dish Soap
- White Distilled Vinegar
- Glass Cleaner
- Microfiber cloth
How to Clean Microwave
To clean a microwave you’ll need just a few basic cleaning products. Your microwave can be clean with the following cleaning hacks and they are easy too!..
- Fill a microwavable bowl halfway with cool water.
- Grab ahold of lemon and cut it in half.
- Put one-half of the lemon into the bowl after squeezing the other half into the water.
- Place the bowl inside the microwave.
- Turn it on for 4 minutes.
- Cautiously remove the bowl from the microwave.
- Clean the sides, door, top, and bottom with a microfiber cloth paper towel dampen with the lemony solution.
- Move on to the outside
Microwaves are one of the most used appliances in the kitchen. With this type of usage food, grease and dirt just seem to accumulate not to mention the smell. Here is something to remember. A smelly microwave makes your home smells just the same. So how do you maintain your microwave?
Well, simply by cleaning it when there’s a spill. If you neglect to clean it shortly after food spills, the food and grease hardens and makes cleaning more difficult. Let’s take about bacteria. Old food grows bacteria and so it will in your microwave too. This is what diffuses that foul odor that flows through your kitchen. You certainly don’t want this to happen, do you? So, how do you clean a microwave?
The best way to clean and prevent microwave mayhem is to follow the steps below. Whether it’s your microwave or any other kitchen appliances these tips are the most recommended for cleaning. Below are other ways of cleaning a microwave. These are the easiest and simplest microwave cleaning hacks ever!
The Best Way to Clean Inside of a Microwave Easily
Cleaning the inside of the microwave is pretty simple. The first is to use moisture to loosen the food particles. The second thing to do is to use a cloth to clean away the loose particle. Thirdly, clean with any dish soap, lemon or vinegar then wipe with a second clean damp cloth. To make sure the microwave is completely clean you can repeat the wiping process.
How to Clean The Outside of Your Microwave (Correctly)
To clean the outside of your microwave can be done using the below-listed cleaners. Use any of these incredible natural degreasers to clean the exterior of your microwave. To finish, dry well then dabs a bit of Lysol surface cleaner on a paper towel and wipe down the outer surface. This will give it an amazing shine.
- Dish soap
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice to 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoon vinegar to 2 cups
- Baking soda and water (2 tbsp per cup of water)
- Lysol Surface Cleaner
When cleaning the outside of a microwave avoid using an overly wet sponge or cloth. A wet cloth or sponge can drain water into button gaps which can stop the buttons from functioning.
How To Clean Microwave With Vinegar
- Fill a microwaveable bowl with 2 cups of water. To this add 3 tablespoons vinegar.
2. Place the bowl into the microwave and turn it on for 5 minutes on high. When it’s done allow it to sit in the microwave for 15-20 minutes to allow the grease and baked-on food particles to become loose.
3. Carefully remove the container. Keep in mind that it may be hot
4. At this point take out the turntable wash it under the tap with a dish detergent. This will completely eliminate the grease and foody residues. Grab hold of a dishtowel or paper towel and dry the turntable.
6. Stains…Simply use a sponge wet with vinegar and scrub away the stains then wipe again with a damp cloth this time without soap.
Note: Do everything you can to keep water out of the vent as this may cause mechanical issues.
How to Deodorize a Microwave
Tip 1. Vanilla___Sprinkle a few drops of vanilla on a clean cloth or paper towel and wipe the inside of the microwave. This will remove the smell of the vinegar.
Tip 2. Dish soap___ Use a damp dishtowel dab with dish soap to clean the inside after cleaning with vinegar. Wipe the door, sides, top, and bottom. Give it a second wipe with just a damp cloth to remove the soapiness. (This is optional) for persons who hate the smell of vinegar.
How To Clean Inside Of Microwave (With Only Soap)
1. First, remove the turntable from the microwave. Take over to the sink and give it a thorough wash with the dish soap
2. Use a dry cloth to dust out the microwave
3. Pour a small amount of dish soap on a wet cloth and proceed to wipe the inside (no dripping in the vent) Ensure the top, sides, and bottom is cleaned. For best results move your hands in a circular motion getting into the corners.
4. Rinse the cloth and wipe the interior once more this time without the dish soap
5. If the microwave has buttons, then avoid using an extremely wet cloth here. Continue by wiping the exterior with the same cloth.
6. Rinse the cloth and give the interior another wipe to remove any lingering odor. This cloth will get the job done click here to go to Amazon to purchase just in case you’ll need this type of cloth.
7. Move on to the outside and dry with a few blocks of paper towel
How to Clean Microwave With Lemon
1. Cut a lemon in half
2. Fill a microwavable bowl half with room temperature water
3. Place one side of the lemon in the bowl
4. Place the bowl inside the microwave
5. Turn on the microwave for five minutes
6. When it’s done let the inside for 3-5 more minutes
7. Remove the bowl
8. Wipe out the microwave with a cloth using the lemon water
9. A lemon is amazing at cleaning extremely dirty microwaves as it not only uses its acidic properties to loosen food particles and grease but also deodorizes it at the same time.
How to Clean a Microwave with Baking Soda
Using baking soda to clean a microwave is almost the same as using a lemon. This is a stand-alone cleaner and will dig into the toughest and most stubborn grease, dirt, and burnt food and is the best method to deep clean your microwave. Here is how to do it.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons baking soda into a small bowl filled halfway with water
2. Place the bowl into the microwave and turn it on for 4-5 minutes
3. Cautiously remove the bowl. It may be hot
4. Go ahead and wipe down the interior and door with damp cloths using the same baking soda solution
5. Lastly, Rinse the cloth then squeeze out the excess water, and wipe the entire microwave oven starting from the inside out
For Stubborn Stains and Burnt Food Particles
Simply sprinkle with baking soda. Allow the baking soda to sit for 4-5 minutes. Use a sponge to scrub the area. After the stain is gone wipe with a damp cloth and your job is done! Found this one on Amazon ___Scratch-free sponge scrubber that’ll make scrubbing easy.
How to Clean your Microwave with Windex
1. Start by spraying the outside of the microwave with the glass cleaner. Avoid spraying control area (buttons)
2. Let it soak
3. Move on to spraying the inside including the turntable and the door. Try not to let the glass cleaner get into the vent. In most cases, it is better to quickly wash the turntable.
4. Close the door
5. Use a dry cloth to wipe down the exterior
6. Go back inside and wipe all the areas
7. While wiping the outside you may notice a few streaks popping up. Don’t let that bother you, continue wiping and the shine will appear.
How Often Should you Clean Your Microwave?
As often as possible. Your microwave should be clean each time you do the dishes as long as it was used. Not cleaning your microwave daily will cause bad odors and make it very hard to clean. This is not hard just use a kitchen towel to quickly wipe down the microwave when you’re through with the kitchen.
Cleaning a microwave is one of the easiest cleaning tasks you have in the home. If you practice cleaning your microwave daily then you won’t have an issue. These microwave cleaning hacks are proven to have your microwave clean without a doubt. That was how to clean a microwave using 8 simple steps.
Need a new microwave? Try this modern Alexa Smart Microwave