Windows without streaks simply make a building look more attractive. However, cleaning your window with cleaners like ammonia can cause a permanent streak or damage to the window. In this article, I will show you how to clean your windows without streaking.
The reason for this is that ammonia has corrosive properties that attract moisture, dust, and grime of all sorts. Instead of cleaning your windows, you are adding more streaks. You will need to find a window cleaner that cleans your windows without streaks.
THE FIRST THING TO DO FOR STREAK-FREE WINDOWS
When cleaning your window, the first step is to clean with warm water before applying a cleaner. This will remove the stuck dirt and other residues that are there and give you a better result.
Here Is How To Clean Your Windows Without Streaks…
THE BEST CLEANERS FOR CLEANING WINDOWS
- Stoner Visible Premium Glass Cleaner
- Windex Glass Cleaner
- Rubbing alcohol
- Hydrogen Peroxide
1. Stoner Visible Premium Glass Cleaner: Use a natural glass cleaner. Mist the window with the spray, then wipe with a sheet of paper towel or soft cloth. Available at local supermarkets and online.
1. Windex Glass Cleaner…This is one of the most commonly used glass and window cleaners. Hold the bottle five inches away from the window and mist. Clean with a soft cloth. Do not use it on the wooden window frames, as this will remove paint and varnish.
2. Rubbing alcohol… In a spray bottle, combine 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol with 2 cups room-temperature water. This can be used as a first-step cleaner when cleaning windows. This amazing solution acts fast in removing dirt, dust, and grime from windows.
3 . Hydrogen Peroxide: Mist the window with full-strength 3% hydrogen peroxide, then use a clean, dry, lint-free microfiber cloth to shine the window. Your window will look amazing.
CLEANING WINDOWS WITH VINEGAR
Homemade Window Cleaning Solution
- Step 1. Fill a bucket with 2 gallons of warm water. Add 1 cup white vinegar and 1 tablespoon dish soap
- Step 2. Use a sponge or a microfiber cloth to wipe the window, starting from the top. Focus on the corners to remove the dirt and gunk.
- Step 3. For taller windows, use a squeegee and follow the same motion. For tough spots, try using a dab of rubbing alcohol on a dry sponge to remove the spot. Acetone can also be used for this.
- Step 4. Use a toothbrush to get into the deep crevices of the window. You should try to remove all the dirt, as this can damage your window sill and even cause it to be jammed with dirt and grime. A damaged window sill can leak air into the building, causing fogging, mold, and condensation to develop.
Do not use any sharp objects, such as knives, razor blades, or any other piercing object, to remove hardened residues on the window. This could leave permanent scratches that lead to cracks.
- Step 5. The drying method...Use a sheet of old newspaper to wipe the glass all over. The newspaper is proven to be a hero for streak-free windows.
If you just have to wash your windows at freezing temperatures, Adding a windshield washing solution (Super Tech Degree Washer Fluid) to the mixture will prevent the water from freezing while you clean.
If you choose to use a special brand of window cleaner, Make sure to use a damp, warm microfiber cloth to clean the dirt away before misting. Having streak-free windows means removing excess dirt before cleaning.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CLEAN MY WINDOWS?
At least twice a year. This means you are not living in a forestry area or a busy area bustling with cars and dust. If this is your situation, then three times per week is necessary for cleaning your windows. Why three times? The pollen from the trees and the dust and fumes from the busy streets settle onto the window. This condition makes your window require cleaning more frequently.
How to clean windows without streaks is simply following these guidelines, and your window will always look amazing.
We hope these tips were helpful. Don’t forget to share these helpful tips with friends. See you soon.
Here are other amazing cleaning hacks you may like: 12 Time-Saving Cleaning Hacks